These settings only apply to email addresses hosted by Shasta.com. If you use a web-based mail service (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.) you will need to obtain the proper settings from them.
- In Outlook, click File
- Click Info on the left side of the screen
- Click Account Settings
- Then once under the drop down menu click Account Settings again
- Click New…
- Check the “Manually configure server settings”
- Click Next
- Select “Internet E-mail”
- Click Next
- Enter your name and email address in the upper left boxes.
- The user name is your email address.
- The password is the password you gave us when we created the account.
Note * If you can’t remember your password give us a call or email us and we will help you reset the password.
- Do NOT check the box that says “Log on using Secure Password Authentication(SPA)”.
- Fill in the information for your incoming server.
- Fill in the information for your incoming server as shastaemail.com
- Fill in the information for your outgoing server as shastaemail.com
- Click More Settings.
- Click Outgoing Server.
- Check the box that says “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication”.
- Click OK.
- After you hit ok you will be at the screen from step 5 just click next
- and then Finish.